APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 10:25:55 pm

1. Supernatural isn't just for girls, Bill. 😉 All previous seasons are on Netflix so if you are needing a show to check out I strongly recommend it. First couple of seasons are monster-of-the-week/episodic, but later seasons are more serialized (though still with stand alone episodes mixed in).

2. Somewhere (either here, on FB or on my blog) I wrote a post a while back about this being the gilded age of corporate video because barriers to entry in terms of production cost and distribution options have simply evaporated over the last 10-15yrs. You can certainly get 'broadcast quality' on non-broadcast productions. For example, on two of the YouTube live streaming shows I've worked on in the past year (one was a talk show format and the other was live coverage of E3) we used the same crews, cameras, control rooms/trucks that you'd use on a broadcast production even though we were destined for YouTube. Of course now that I think about it we did similar things when I worked at GameTrailers 2009 (2010?).

3. I think calling this live, choreographed event a 'corporate video' and comparing it to watching a movie or TV show is a bit apples to oranges. Comparing it to other live, choreographed events (concerts, award shows, Super Bowl halftime show, theme park shows, Grease: Live on FOX, etc.,) seems more appropriate.

[Walter Soyka] "Resolution matters a lot to us. 4K or 8K may not matter on a 70" display in your living room..."

For final distribution I agree, though for production and post shooting in an higher res than the final distribution format can of course have multiple benefits. On a related note, the new movie "6 Below" which was shot, cut, and finished in 6k for the Barco Escape format (basically three movie screens in a wrap-around format w/11.1 sound) is coming out on Friday. A look at the workflow can be found here, http://vashivisuals.com/6-below-editing-in-6k/

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]