APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 9:19:29 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 9, 2017 at 9:41:03 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Unfortunately, the people who sign the checks usually sit in the front row, while the best seats in the house are sometimes as far as halfway back."

My original posted shot was taken with a 360 degree camera held over my head at the show.

Here’s a better look at the show from a panorama shot I took. (This is for artistic critique featuring a tiny shot out if a long presentation with no financial motive, so I feel Titie 17 “fair use” is defensible - but if WB calls, by all means, take it down.)

(Note the camera op for scale)

Those 5 screens basically covered an almost 180 field of view. (The blown out center screen is the stage area where Kansas was playing.)

Walter is totally correct in that anyone in the first 50 rows only got a fraction of the experience unless they turned themself into a human swivel/bobble head during the show.

And unlike most “super-super wise screen” presentations - all the screens had unique (although completely coordinated) content being displayed. They could virtually drive “Baby” - the car character around the walls at will - or show unique composites of characters in different quadrants.

This 10 minute “intro video” (introducing the show stars before their on-stage interviews for all the fans) - clearly took $$$$$$ to produce and show.

As befits a major media corporate cash cow of 10+ years duration.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]