APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 6:19:29 pm

Just point out that “corporate video” today can go well beyond standard TV and Theatrical in terms of production sophistication and scope.

Exhibit A for me was the show at ComiCon I saw some months back.

I have a dear friend who’s a huge Dr. Who fan, so since it was her first ComiCon, I joined her to snag coveted Hall H seats early.

Before that morning, I didn’t have the TV show Supernatural in my radar at all - it apparently has been incredibly popular with teen and post teen young women for a decade.

Point is, this was essentially a one-off “corporate video” presentation by Warner Brothers to promote their property.

Not only was the projection and staging equal to anything I’ve seen before (outside, maybe Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon show I saw in the 1970s when this level of WOW was completely and utterly unexpected!) - I understand the car that the main characters drive in is a “character” in the show - as is the pop music they play on its Radio - so of course after the show opening smoke cleared - there was Kansas, live on stage, to launch into “Dust in the Wind.” providing sync sound to their “corporate video” on steroids.

Basically, today, thinking what appears in a local cinema - or on your TV - or anywhere else represents a “superior level” of the production arts - is an increasingly suspect position to hold, IMO.

We are ALL now in the same game.

That “Event Video” practitioner servicing the upper end is probably shooting RED and doing the same “cinematic grading” you are.

That Hall H show was the size of 5 full size movie screens easily.

Somewhere there’s a “Promotion” going on today that has a budget that likely dwarfs any of our current projects.

These tools are no longer the exclusive province of one “Class” of producer.

Everybody’s using them for everything. Across all industries and enterprise types.

All that matters is the budget.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]