APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: RED 8k camera, a sign of things to come from apple?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 5:42:04 am

The cycle from "why HD?" to "why 4k?" to "why 8k?" is an example of the reduction in tech cycles that is proportional to the cycles of CPU, GPU and drive speed & size developments. And cost of course. So the question is self answering. We always seem to move to the next resolution to make sure there is a difference between higher end production and the rest. When the iPhone/ Hydrogen/ Samsung phone in 2020 moves to 8k HDR we will be already asking "why 16k?"

It's a moot point for me. It's just a matter of when. I see no reason to question why as that cycle is inevitable. I see a potential limitation with lenses but its not just about pixels and the 8k weapon from RED uses a super 35 sensor with a very large range of suitable lenses. Besides we will be moving to multiple lenses eventually.

We already have a glimpse of that next trend with the Lytro type pf capture with much higher pixel resolution, multiple lenses/ streams to be able to chose framing and frame rates in post without penalty. Within a generation we might be saying, how did we ever manage with 16k 32 bit ultra HDR @ 120 fps.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]