APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 8, 2017 at 3:35:56 pm

[Bill Davis] "Will that sweet US gig go to a local US editor who currently CANNOT swing fluidly with FCP X - or will it just go to a talented editor from the Dominican Republic or Spain or Denmark - who are FCP X wizards - and for whom the client could care less - where they are sitting?"

I see no reason why our industry wouldn't migrate towards a more global workforce. The Hollywood special effects industry has been a global workforce for years.

But you're also throwing out the idea that post facilities or producers would be hiring these FCPX editors to create content and that doesn't make much sense since FCPX has not made much progress in becoming the NLE of choice within the industry.

Whether there's a "ton" of FCPX editors out there on a global scale is somewhat irrelevant if there aren't a "ton" of FCPX post houses or FCPX minded producers.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]