APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 7, 2017 at 10:43:45 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Except they did just that when in reaction to the furor, weeks after the release, they published a white paper outlining their plans for future development of X over the following year, which in marketing terms is called "closing the barn door after the horses got out.""

Why “furor” at all. What was that about, actually?

A few weeks after the release, I, and everyone else I was starting to chat with was still virtually clueless about how X worked. Remember, there was little to no institutional expertise extant in how X worked outside some Ripple Training and Larry Jordan early stuff - that I’ll bet you dollars to doughnuts no “Professional” editor would have even imagined needing that stuff. (I’m a pro - I can surely figure this out for myself - wait - that doesn’t work! Why are these clips jumping around! I can’t even drag a damn clip diwn a couple of seconds without it FIGHTING me!!!- This thing is consumer crap. Where’s my AVID...)

Right? I thought the big hit from guys like YOU was X was crap because Apple had gone all “Consumer-ish” - as a video company.

Well, what kinda “consumer” reads freaking “white papers?”

Still you’re admitting within “weeks” they had taken steps with that very white paper to communicate their thinking to interested professionals.

So might the ACTUAL issue in play have been that you and others had hardened their internal feelings of being “disrespected” so much in those early days that you were totally unwilling to listen to Apple AT ALL. No matter WHAT the new program was actually capable of?

Apple simply had hurt your feelings, too much.

Sorry about that, I guess.

You know, I got MY choice of preferred NLE EOLed too.
Same as everyone else.
At the same time.
I just moved on faster to a happier place.

And so it ... went.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]