APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 7, 2017 at 9:51:22 pm

[Oliver Peters] "The concepts are similar and transfer well. Not quite the same with X."

Precisely.

IF you want the added efficiency that many X editor (definitely including ME) feel strongly you can get by using it - you must be OPEN to the thinking change it requires.

If you resist that workflow thinking change - no matter the reason - it’s going to hold back your transition.

And (and this is my opinion only) if you are constantly switching back and forth between X and Non-X editing - your thinking will adapt much more slowly. NOT because the editor won’t adapt to the buttons or processes well enough. Good editors are plenty skilled at that. It’s because the soft skills of X editing - keyword strategic thinking - case specific thinking about stuff like when it’s best to use Snapshots verses Auditions - how to structure Roles vast exports for efficiency - THOSE skills are typically refined for X editors via constant trial and revision.

Not via “learn how to do it” and then simply repete the same sequence of actions every time you come back to X to edit.

IMO, those “soft skills” drive as much X efficiency as how you trim clips in your storylines.

Just 2 more cents from me.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]