APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 7, 2017 at 4:53:39 pm

[greg janza] "A veteran editor should be highly adaptive to new NLE's. Going from AVID to FCP to Premiere to FCPX is really not that big a leap if you have the basic skills already under your belt."

And here is where we conceptually part ways.

Mostly because I spent a some time last year in the edit room of a daily television show - and watched as highly skilled and well trained (but inexperienced in X) editors with oodles of basic skills - struggle.

Not because of ANY lack of talent.

But because they were trying to adapt FUNCTIONALLY - rather than CONCEPTIONALLY to the software.

They had not yet reached that “A-ha” moment.

(No, not some “a-ha, this is glorious” thing - just “a-ha now I get it and THIS is the new workflow structure this tool requires for success.)

Without getting there - no matter your skill pushing the buttons - you will struggle with X.

In the Ubillos interview posted in another thread, he notes that editors with the MOST experience can be the ones with most difficulty adapting to the foundational ideas underpinning X - and how much easier learning its system sometimes is for those who don’t arrive at it with a head full of prior expectations.

That’s worth emphasizing, I feel.

My 2cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]