APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 6, 2017 at 9:03:39 pm

[Bill Davis] "Those "look - wait - then maybe" come back folks are NOT snagging those gigs. Perhaps because with just "look occasionally" and use it now and then - they aren't particularly qualified for them? The guys I see who ARE getting excellent FCP X gigs - are the guys who started learning it 5 and 6 YEARS ago. "

With all due respect Bill, this ain't brain surgery. a NLE is an NLE is an NLE. Any veteran editor can pick up FCPX very quickly and so the notion of not getting a gig just because you aren't a so-called FCPX expert is ridiculous.

Editors are first and foremost storytellers and the technical guru part of our job is neccesary but secondary.

[Bill Davis] "I understand that real editors are NOT "button pushers" as much as "idea flow constructionists" but we've all seen editors approaching X with poor to moderate seat experience - rapidly reach the point of frustrated bitching, because what they REALLY want is to transport their AVID or Premiere cutting styles as closely as possible into X and just leave it at that.
"

A veteran editor should be highly adaptive to new NLE's. Going from AVID to FCP to Premiere to FCPX is really not that big a leap if you have the basic skills already under your belt.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]