APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 6, 2017 at 8:29:26 pm

[greg janza] "and perhaps more importantly since our industry relies heavily on a freelance pool, if you switch will you have a large enough group of talented editors to hire for projects?

Any facility would be foolish not to take that into consideration."

Well, if the "freelance pool" remains pretty much what you are accustomed to seeing it as.

I've said before here, the guy who does a lot of my motion graphics sits in England. Other collaborators on my stuff live in Australia, Spain, the Czech Republic, and ANY ONE of them could edit for me starting tomorrow.

I know TONS of qualified FCP X editors now. Some here, but MANY outside the US.

And even of the ones who do live in CA - a shocking number of them are pretty recently arrived immigrants.

So let me post THIS as a thought. Will that sweet US gig go to a local US editor who currently CANNOT swing fluidly with FCP X - or will it just go to a talented editor from the Dominican Republic or Spain or Denmark - who are FCP X wizards - and for whom the client could care less - where they are sitting?

I know, I know, the very thought of "runaway production" very reasonably lights highly qualified US craftspeople's hair on fire. And I have tremendous sympathy for that.

But it's already a GLOBAL talent pool - for good or ill

Just a thought.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]