APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:41:09 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:43:13 pm

[greg janza]

"Can I trust Apple to actually have my back? Hell no. The original FCP7 to FCPX transition debacle shows that.

Is there a compelling reason to stay with their architecture? no.

Are they developing computers that are superior or faster? no.

Are they worth the added cost? no.

Apple didn't hurt my feelings. Instead, their actions were the catalyst for thinking in terms of "why remain an Apple customer?""

So I guess you somehow believe that Adobe or AVID or anyone else will "have your back" going forward? Good luck with that. My advice is that if you want "vendor dependability" make sure you don't forget to pay your monthly tribute in a timely fashion.

And what if I don't care about "architecture" beyond the performance it provides - and I'm delighted with my level of performance as it stands? Why do I care about YOUR need to keep seeing for "superior or faster" when my relatively unexpensive stock system is already executing my editing decisions as fast as I can think? That seems really nuts.

With Apple, $3,000 for a box and $399 for tools get me everything I need. Add a couple grand for "niceties" like removable storage, peripherals and licensed content as needed -and I can step off an airplane with NOTHING and be editing beautifully on the planet in a few hours.

May not have value to you. But it's astonishing to realize that's where I am in my career now.

Simply astonishing.

Why remain an Apple customer? That's the core.

Now add the investments they are clearly making in seminal technologies like the 3d depth mapping on their phones - their particular integration of the compression stuff like h-265 that are laser focused on the future - and all the research driven efficiency tools that permeate FCP X (which I mention here over and over again - and heck YES. IT"S WORTH IT.

I consider my workflow today 100 times superior to the workflow I paid tens of thousands of dollars more to achieve decades ago.

The value make me GRIN to think of it.

And sorry, but wasting even an HOUR "bespoking" a system to properly run the old code of the NLEs of my youth doesn't interest me one bit.

Not when off the shelf with APPLE is CRUSHING it for me.

(Hey, notice that Google dropped the headphone jack from it's phones? Looking forward to a few months of hair pulling and screaming from all of you who excoriated APPLE about that stuff. Post away!)

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]