APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 5:51:45 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on Oct 5, 2017 at 6:08:32 pm

[greg janza] "I agree Steve that MBP's have been the gold standard but as with the rest of their product line I think that too will be a thing of the past. When it's time to replace my MBP, I'll be looking at PC laptop alternatives."

I actually know a number of folks (not creatives) who switched from PC laptop to MBP and then back to PC laptop, most of them came back to Windows for the Surface Pro. In big tech companies, you usually have a choice between two or more hardware vendors (for tablet, notebook or hybrid), for some it's Dell, Microsoft or Apple, for others it's HP, Microsoft or Apple. I've had several coworkers over the years switch to the MBP, but then come back to the PC, and interestingly (to me) it's usually because they miss having a touchscreen. I have laptops and workstations, so it wouldn't be hard for me to justify replacing one of my machines with a MBP, an iMac or a MacPro... I seriously consider it every time I'm up for a hardware refresh, but in the end, Apple's limited hardware options keep me from making the leap. I'm looking forward to the day when they make this a much harder choice for me.

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]