APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 1:04:48 pm

[Tony West] "That part wasn't completely on Apple. There was a ton of misinformation out there."

While my experience was pretty much the same as yours back then, this is where I disagree with you.

Misinformation always happens in a vacuum. Apple does a public reveal of X in April and then says nothing and does nothing for months. What did they think would happen? If guys were posting misinformation on YouTube why didn't Apple's marketing department post solid information to counter that on both their web site and social media?

This is a text book case of marketing failure, which is all the more interesting coming from a company that's brilliant in consumer marketing. Apple had months to educate, inform, and excite their extremely loyal base about a radical change in direction and instead all the info you could get came from some YouTube wackados. And to top it off they announce the EOL of Legacy alongside the product announcement. I cannot emphasize how much I think that single action has colored this whole dialogue.

I repeat, what happened since the launch was both predictable and mostly the fault of Apple's mismanagement. And little of the enmity has anything to do with the product itself, which while I don't think is all things to all people, is clearly extremely capable and a best choice for many workflows.

Just not mine, but that's a different story.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]