APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 1:01:40 pm

[Oliver Peters] "It should be noted that the launch of FCPX wasn't the first move that alienated video pros from Apple. For many, it started when they EOL'ed Xsan RAID, Xserve, Xsan and Final Cut Server. At that time Apple also closed its enterprise sales and support units, turning that function over to resellers. I personally worked with companies that then simply put out edicts that no more RFPs would be accepted if they included Apple computers. FCPX and the EOL of the whole Studio suite was simply icing on the cake. No matter how great FCPX is, it simply left video pros wondering whether Apple could be trusted in the future."

We were looking to build out a media department for a client around Final Cut Server when Apple canned it. I'm lucky the client was slow-moving, otherwise they would have spent a lot of money on a system just a month or two before it was terminated. That wouldn't have been great for my reputation, and it definitely damaged my trust in Apple. It's been a bumpy ride since then, too, but I do feel that with announcements around the iMac Pro and "new new Mac Pros," things are looking up.

For a little more historical context, here are a couple pieces I wrote six years ago about Apple, professionals and consumers, FCPX and change:
https://library.creativecow.net/soyka_walter/FCPX-Domino-Effect-1/1
https://library.creativecow.net/soyka_walter/FCPX-Domino-Effect-2/1

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]