APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 12:44:52 pm

[Bill Davis] "TOTALLY INCORRECT.

According to me, (and I should know) Apple's roll-out was interesting - perhaps even exciting - but nothing more than that.
"

Ahhh, we've run into a bit of semantic confusion.

For me "role-out" is a marketing term and denotes all the things a company does to pump up sales for a new product. I didn't consider the Supermeet "reveal" as part of the roll-out since Apple said nothing and did nothing after that event to educate, inform or in any way "stoke the fire" for the upcoming release. I used the term "roll-out" to mean everything they did after the product launch, when they actually presented their finished product to the public, hence our misunderstanding. Given your definition, I apologize for misconstruing your statement.

[Bill Davis] "Most of the loudest critique at the FCP X launch started in a complete vacuum of actually knowledge and experience with it during the period between April 12th and June 21, 2011.

And I'll stand by that - because it's the truth of things.
"

Well I disagree a little bit here. As someone who missed the "reveal" I was aware of something new being worked on, I heard a mix of both good and bad things about it, but mostly I heard silence from Apple and confusion from most everyone else. Many people believed that the upcoming product release would combine both the new and the old and that what was revealed at NAB was very much a work-in-progress. I didn't hear any massive outcry about X until after June 21.

And I'll stand by that, because that is my truth of things.

Now the outcry after June 21 was mostly ill-informed and quasi hysterical, but again I say "who's fault was that?"

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]