APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 5:49:18 am

[Oliver Peters] "Apple. For many, it started when they EOL'ed Xsan RAID, Xserve, Xsan and Final Cut Server. At that time Apple also closed its enterprise sales and support units, turning that function over to resellers"

I can't re-iterate enough how many times this gets glossed over in the 'story of X'. For many people X was the final straw after years of growing frustration with Apple, not a knee jerk reaction to the first shot across the bow (pardon the mixed metaphors).

For example, I was working for a company that had spent around seven figures on enterprise level shared storage from Apple, had dozens of cMPs and iMacs running FCP Legend, and was in the process of creating a very custom version of Final Cut Server to act as the end all and be all MAM that would finally unify the massive West Coast and East Coast video libraries... Needless to say it was a rough few years for the tech team. I think the company is still Mac-based, but they've long since moved on from Apple storage and they cut with PPro.

Of course I still regularly run into people that complain about circa-2005 Avid and refuse to use MC because of it so it's not like holding a grudge is NLE-specific.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]