APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 5, 2017 at 3:35:17 am

[Bill Davis]"but is rather a lingering sense of personal emotional betrayal attached to Apple from their actions in 2011."

You say that as if it isn't a valid reason. For an individual or company, if previous history meant you lacked trust with a software and hardware supplier who might ditch you with little notice, it would be prudent to take that in consideration. Not a reason to hate software, but I think too often Bill you project your love for X and mistake others indifference as hatred.

I had built part of my business around FCP7 for compatibility with editors in shared work flows and as part of a finishing tool including Color. To have that so completely disrupted by an EOL without a viable replacement is not something I will forget, despite revisionist history telling by those who were happy by the events. Most of my clients kept going with FCP7, not because they were Luddites who didn't 'get X' but because the working system they were part of wasn't remotely reliably replaceable by X for years. After that many saw that Windows hardware and software as perfectly reliable replacements and as history has shown they have been cheaper, more powerful and faster to embrace tech like Thunderbolt3, as well as being upgradeable without total replacement. Solid business reasons.

Personally I felt no 'emotional betrayal' because I had no emotional attachment in the first place. But for those that did and don't trust Apple, you would be a fool to think that isn't a valid reason to place their trust elsewhere, at least until they get burnt by another A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]