APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 9:46:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "
And if I have sync audio, and the audio recordist has kept track of mice during the shoot, the names of of the mic or character or situation is already in the audio metadata and transferred to Roles on import, making this process go much faster. At that point, I name the camera audio Role something simple like "Guide Track" or "SOT", and the sync audio has the tracks names as recorded. It's extremely useful, and very fast. Much faster than assigning tracks to every clip that goes in to the timeline, and much faster than mapping track to channel outputs on export."

You set up a totally different paradigm then Charlie. I am not bad mouthing roles. I am not doubting roles work great for your needs. I was simply stating I can setup alternate titles and graphics and export them real super quick without the need to create multiple sequences/timelines. If we are exporting a "one off" tracks and roles may be about the same. I can see how the roles templates would pay off if you need to do the same export over and over again.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]