APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 9:28:50 pm

[Herb Sevush] "According to you Apple's role-out was great and the blame for the bad PR should be put on some secret conspiracy to do damage to X that was beyond anyone's control."

TOTALLY INCORRECT.

According to me, (and I should know) Apple's roll-out was interesting - perhaps even exciting - but nothing more than that.

I did see things I'd never seen ANY NLE do before. Clip Collision avoidance. A magnetic timeline, etc. etc.

But I had NO context to use to determine if these new things were useful - or smoke and mirror stuff.

I've said before - I was sitting in the room during the rollout - and around me was applause and surprise and a ton of "WOW" moments.

It was the next day I got really shocked - when I went on line and saw the initial torrent of negativity begin.

That day - I started asking myself "About WHAT?" - What exactly is wrong with what I saw? It looks interesting. It will be exciting to have new ideas to play around with.

And that was THE ENTIRETY of my opinion at the time. Reserved optimism and HOPE that the new stuff shown might be useful.

Further than that, when I downloaded the program - I had PRECISELY the same experience most people had.

I didn't know how to use it. I was frustrated. I didn't "get" the magnetic thing at first. I didn't use the Browser or keywords at ALL for the first two weeks or so - because I didn't understand what they were.

The ONLY difference between me and everyone who started immediately crowing about how RIGHT they had been months before about how "BAD" the thing was (on day one!) - was that WHEN I encountered so much I did not understand - I found myself curious to understand it.

THAT is my point, Herb.

Most of the loudest critique at the FCP X launch started in a complete vacuum of actually knowledge and experience with it during the period between April 12th and June 21, 2011.

And I'll stand by that - because it's the truth of things.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]