APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:50:50 pm

[andy patterson] "I am not saying the roles feature does not have merit or that it is not your best option. What I am asking is it everyone's best option?"

What I like about Roles, and you describe it as "forethought", but typically the first thing I do when importing media is organize the audio. I set Roles and Subroles (and can do this with as many clips I have selected with similar audio channels) and then typically, I don't have to touch audio organization ever again during the edit. There's no keeping track of what channel it's in, or mapping to what output. I can do that at the every end, preparing an export, with a few clicks.

And if I have sync audio, and the audio recordist has kept track of mice during the shoot, the names of of the mic or character or situation is already in the audio metadata and transferred to Roles on import, making this process go much faster. At that point, I name the camera audio Role something simple like "Guide Track" or "SOT", and the sync audio has the tracks names as recorded. It's extremely useful, and very fast. Much faster than assigning tracks to every clip that goes in to the timeline, and much faster than mapping track to channel outputs on export.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]