APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:40:40 pm

[Oliver Peters] "It's my recollection that the internet-wide negative comments started at the SuperMeet reveal"

Exactly.

And the Supermeet reveal was months before the product was ACTUALLY put on sale so anyone could assess - hands on - how It might function.

Seeing a prototype at a car show - doesn’t give you a clue about how the thing actually drives. (To keep the current small flurry of beloved auto analogies going!)

The initial negativity HAD to be based ENTIRELY on speculation - unless the only people posting all that negativity were those given “special access” - and I don’t believe that for a second.

Well before the product shipped - the negativity about X had been spreading like a brush fire for months. And brush fires cant spread unless they they have a dependable supply of fuel.

FCP X bashing before June 2011 could only have been based on imagination, speculative analysis lacking factual foundation and SPIN.

Cuz nobody actually KNEW anything more than that at the time.

I mean it’s not like we aren’t AWASH in this stuff today.

It seems like 90% of modern communications - from marketing to politics - is built around conditioning people about how they should THINK about stuff - before they have any actual experience with it. It’s pretty much the foundation the advertising industry rests upon.

The “shaped narrative” - as utterly American as George Washington’s cherry tree.
“I cannot tell a lie...”

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]