APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:01:19 pm

[Steve Connor] "[greg janza] "This is just my opinion but among the industry professionals that I personally speak with in my area, the abandonment of the company is definitely a trend on the rise."

and in every facility and Production Office I go to in my area there are Mac's everywhere, I do a lot of video work with tech companies including IBM and I see MacBook Pros everywhere there too."

I still wonder how this shakes out geographically and by creative segment. I'm definitely seeing more and more creatives shift away from Apple. I don't know about facilities, but a lot of the freelancers I interact with are definitely trending towards Windows machines with multiple nVidia GPUs... everyone seems to want dual GTX 1070s, 1080s and 1080Tis, and that looks to be a big reason for them switching. Folks who are getting more serious about Resolve also seem to want beefy GTX Titan cards with the latest/fastest i7 CPUs with a crap ton of RAM. It's possible that I'm seeing that because my circles are more in the corporate mograph/3D/VFX worlds though. As for Macs in the corporate world, I think that's mostly in design and marketing departments, and even then I see more of a split among the production people - the handful of the video people in my company are on PCs, half of the designers are on Macs and the few 3D folks (besides me) are also on Macs... that may change when they see my new rig though. ☺ Most of the rest of the company (20k + people) are on Microsoft Surfaces and Dell laptops, AFIAK the same is mostly true for the other big tech companies in town...

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]