APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 1:19:41 pm

Of course, all of that's water under the bridge. The real fact of the matter is that for many full-time editors, Apple has not made a sufficiently convincing argument that FCPX is better than the alternatives.

I look at various workflow articles and quite frankly see how the same things can be done to save money and time with Premiere or Avid. Maybe not quite as much, but in the grand scheme of things, close enough. The tools in FCPX that people who use it love, like the magnetic timeline or lack of tracks, is a 'take it or leave it' thing for others.

The assumption that is voiced here about key influencers is that they only use Avid and have never tried FCPX. But in the conversations I've had, that isn't the case. It's just that there isn't enough there to justify a switch. I'm not quite sure how you change that, but Apple's seeming indifference to publicizing effective users stories can't help. I know as a working journalist that they are interested in getting press and more than helpful when contacted. That's why I find it odd that their own website seems to be some sort of disconnect.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]