APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 4:08:39 am

[greg janza] "It sure seems like Apple is primarily a phone manufacturer. I know it seems a bit odd to classify them as such but that's in fact what they are."

I don't know what YOU do on your phone.

But I know mine is about as far from "a phone" as it's possible for a device to be.

If I use my "phone" 10 percent for making actual calls I'd be shocked.

I do FAR more email monitoring. Twitter scanning. Audio auditioning. Video watching (including plenty of evenings when I forgo my TV in favor of couch time with my phone as the source for watching all manner of content.

I also use it for virtually ALL my still photography. For shooting video regularly.

It tracks my exercise. It interfaces with my doctors record system. It takes to my watch to let me screen calls when I'm in meetings.

I use it daily for checking the market. For downloading and forwarding LOGOS to clients - and a thousand other digital tasks that have NOTHING to do with phone calls.

It Teleprompts for me.. And has recorded AUDIO for radio spots for me.

THAT is my point.

It's no longer "a phone."

It's a digital content management device as much as its "a phone."

And you KNOW that. Cuz it's very likely how use yours too.

My phone is totally integrated in my digital content creation chain in more ways than I can count.

And Apple, arguably more than any other company - drove that transition.

So reducing this to Apple is all about the PHONE now - is silly on it's face.

Your phone - ain't just your PHONE anymore.

My two cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]