APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 3:33:04 am

[Michael Hancock] "It's just as fast in FCPX, but different. Assigning roles, especially for something as broad as "music", "dialogue", and "effects" takes a couple seconds for an entire project. Select all of your music and assign the audio role as Music."

The music, effects and dialogue may need to be broken down into sub roles.

[Michael Hancock] "The only time roles is an issue is if you don't assign it before you begin editing. After you've dropped a clip into your timeline there is no way to assign a role at the event level and ripple it to your sequence.

That is why I stated you have to put some forethought into it.

[Michael Hancock] "And roles are useful for more than just exporting splits. Like Charlie has talked about - it's when you get a ton of specific requests for mixing dialogue/effects, music/effects, mono with stereo, etc... - roles make it easy to do all that from one sequence, and quickly. And you can save your role exports so you don't have to mouse click like crazy."

I stated saving the templates in FCPX can be useful.

[Michael Hancock] " I have one saved that exports just Color, Graphics, 2Pop/Slate, and FINAL MIX. I set it up once, and that's used for every master export I do."

As I stated there are some exports that could be done real quick in Premiere Pro making a template a non issues. On the other hand FCPX will have and advantage for certain exports. It depends on what needs to be done.

[Michael Hancock] "
Play around with it and you'll see how versatile and powerful it is. I'd love to see a "roles" type export from Avid and Premiere, but with their track based system."

Can roles make use of control surfaces? I am sure with color coding something similar to roles could be implemented into Premiere Pro and Avid. I know the roles functionality of FCPX have gotten a lot better but as I stated there is forethought that has to go into it. I am not saying roles don't have merit. I am saying it may be a non issue for some people. Just like Adobe Story and Adobe Anywhere may be a non issue for some people. For others they are a must have feature. To be honest a roles feature in Premiere Pro would not be at the top of my list but everyone's list is different.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]