APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 4, 2017 at 1:12:40 am

[Michael Hancock] "[andy patterson] "Could you do a short demo/tutorial? I think others might like to see it as well. "

He did back in February. It's definitely worth a watch.

https://fcpxpert.net/2017/02/25/fcp-x-versioning-using-roles-the-video/"

Thanks for posting.

I was expecting something a little different. I have seen videos like that one before. Having said that you have to assign the roles and also setup the roles so there is time spent doing that upfront. Even then on export you have to mouse click after mouse click after mouse click to get the correct export of audio elements. You have to hope you don't forget about turning on and off sub roles as well. With tracks I have a much better visual work flow.

If I have four dialogue tracks, four effects track, one sound track and an ambient music track and the producer wants just an export of the four dialogue tracks I can have it done in one second by simple soloing the four tracks using my $59.99 Korg nanoKontrol 2 control surface. I don't have to mouse click after mouse click after mouse click to mute and solo tracks. There is also no time spent upfront assigning roles. I can also EQ the entire audio track and clean it up in seconds. You can do it clip by clip as well.

I am not saying saving the templates in FCPX could not be useful but there is time spent assigning the roles and setting up the templates for each version. For some exports Premiere Pro or DR with a control surface might be a better option. For others FCPX might be a better option. Everyone's editing style and delivery requirements will be different.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]