APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 3, 2017 at 9:42:32 pm

[Charlie Austin] "[Shane Ross] "No, that takes no time additional time. Export SAME AS SOURCE in Avid and you can use the Direct out option and it comes out fine. No extra time there.
"

Sure, if the tracks are all set up correctly, and everything is split correctly, and the sequence is set up correctly etc. In X none of that matters, only that Roles are set up correctly.

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not talking about track 1 to Ch 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 etc. I'm talking about Split tracks. Something like Stereo Comp to 1&2, Stereo M&E to 3&4, Mono DIA to 5, MONO FX to 6, Stereo MX to 7&8 etc etc."

Could you do a short demo/tutorial? I think others might like to see it as well.

Having said that I think I kind of see what you are saying. I think you are saying you can have the dialogue be sent to any track/channel you want into Pro Tools or even Logic. In other words you can send the dialogue to track/channel 1 in Pro Tools and you can send the sound track to channel/track 6. If you later want to send the both the dialogue and the sound track to Logic on track/channel 4 you can do it super easy. Maybe FCPX cannot combine the two audio sources but is that kind of what you are saying? That does sound interesting. I think Premiere Pro and Avid might be able to mimic what you are doing if a feature request was made.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]