APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 3, 2017 at 8:13:20 pm

Many many people keep asking "what do they use on Hollywood movies?" "What do they use to cut network TV shows?" Because, for some reason, they think THAT is what they need to use to cut whatever it is they are cutting. They want to use what the "big boys" use. Not sure about the psychology about that. Is it wanting to feel close to them because you use what they use?

Often what they use would be a HORRIBLE thing for you to use when editing your project. But, some people want that provenance. They want that pedigree. "Hey, they used FCX on this feature, and I use FCX, so I'm using the same tool they are! Wow!" Many companies and ad agencies get this, thus why they market with that in mind. They are using that fact to sell their goods. Very typical of all sorts of things, actually. There will be a billboard with Daniel Craig wearing a Tag Hauser watch and people might go: "Hey, Daniel Craig wears that watch, and he's James Bond...I WANT THAT WATCH!" Or Matthew McConaughey might spout poetry while driving a Lincoln Navigator, and people will want it because he's using it. Celebrity endorsement, nothing new. Walter Murch was the celebrity for FCP Legacy... Deadpool was the celebrity vehicle for Adobe. And so on.

Apple isn't catering to that anymore....at least not with FCX. They aren't catering at all...there are no ads for FCX anywhere. They just make it and leave it up to word of mouth....which seems to be working just fine. Well, that and the FCX IN ACTION page that's very very hard to find.

Yet, for some reason, many people still need that Hollywood validation...Hollywood endorsement. If its a great idea for this feature, then it must be great for this corporate video, or TV commercial.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]