APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 3, 2017 at 7:11:16 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 3, 2017 at 7:12:35 pm

[greg janza] "Apple is a phone company and so the idea of putting real effort into developing a larger presence in tv and film is pointless. The tv and movie industry isn't going to move the needle for Apple's bottom line.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles"

Following that logic, Exxon is a "Gasoline" company. Please ignore that most of the "gas stations" now make more profit out of their convenience stores than they do out of gas - and that they are functionally REAL ESTATE holding companies who's histrorical product was gasolene - but actually isn't so much any longer.

Apple, similarly is a "technology" company - now. Computers used to drive things. Now portable pocket communications technology has for a while. Maybe auto-pilot software for autonomous transportation - or medical information data collection and records management will take over from monthly phone lease bills someday.

Nobody knows.

You can't survive playng the same game forever. History is littered with examples like Polaroid and Kaypro that took their eye off the actual ball.

Ny 2 cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]