APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hancock
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:22:03 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Sounds like the show was probably set up with a traditional post workflow which may have included weekly Avid system rentals etc. So a Producer who had never worked on a real Indie would naturally freak out seeing their show cut on a laptop with $300 software. "

That's kind of how I was reading it too, but that's a pretty bad comparison of cost savings then, isn't it? They could run Avid or Premiere on the same laptop and seen the same savings (minus the higher cost to buy Avid/rent Premiere). Unless there's more to it than that?

That's why I wish the article would have gone into real detail about where the savings were actually realized, how significant the savings were, and why.

You mentioned that exporting a master file with 16 channels of audio per studio specs is easy in FCPX - maybe that's a lot more time consuming in Avid or Premiere and would have cost them an extra day in post. That could easily be a couple grand in savings right there!

I guess we'll never know.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]