APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Steve Jobs needs to apologize to professionals for FCPX.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Claire Lowry
Re: Steve Jobs needs to apologize to professionals for FCPX.
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:54:11 pm

It's funny, I worked for Apple for nearly three years, and you'd be surprised how little control there is over the staff. Many more talented and knowledgeable staff members are thrown aside for the more flashy employees. It's easy for Steve to be out of the loop, it's easy for the staff members to feign full knowledge about video editing, I did. I work as a professional editor and digital compositor now and I realise how little I knew of the real world now that I was no longer sucked into the Apple bubble. When you work for Apple, things do 'just work' because you have people and software around you to fix any issues. The outside world is ignored. This is a case of Steve saying yes to something he understood little of. He will now get angry, swear a lot, bluff and demote a whole bunch of people....but if he likes these particular members of staff, he might stubbornly defend the release. I think he will, sadly. I have already written off FCP, and am moving to AVID.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]