APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple's official FCP7 EOL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Golden
Re: Apple's official FCP7 EOL
on Aug 30, 2017 at 1:53:45 am

I'm sure that Apple, if anyone, has done the numbers on current FCP7 users, and has concluded there are not enough left by now to justify additional resources. It should still work more or less identically if we don't upgrade our machines.

As an owner of a vast array of tube amplifiers and turntables and the owner of one car from 1988 and another from 1999, I'm the last guy who would get on his high horse about staying "current".

There were features I liked better on my Palm Treo, but the iPhone was such an improvement in other regards that I did not regret my decision to move on. Considering that Premiere is a near clone of FCP7 (or maybe FCP8), I think we've got enough similar alternatives to get our work done if we feel inclined to move on to the next operating system. No doubt that FCP7 has little niceties that have no direct equivalents , but for my workflow, which is primarily commercials and VFX, I don't miss it at all.

As an aside, did Apple's announcement that FCP7 would no longer work on HS mean that was the date when "official" support ends or did Apple stop supporting FCP7 (tech support) a long time ago?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]