APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple's official FCP7 EOL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Golden
Re: Apple's official FCP7 EOL
on Aug 30, 2017 at 12:53:58 am

Even though I converted to FXPX more or less with version 10.0, I've kept FCP 7 on my MacPro 2013 and MacPro 4,1. Since the 4,1 will not be making the leap to High Sierra, I will leave FCP7 on that machine. To be honest, I've rarely had to open FCP7 in the last several years and when I did, I used 7toX and got the hell out of there as soon as possible. It always feels the same when I open Premiere - i.e. THE PAST. I know everyone's excited about Resolve editing, but I feel the track based paradigm has lost the luster (for me, at least) and FCPX offers a much more modern foundation (and is way more fun.)

At this point, I can't imagine many people, apart from forensic experts, nostalgia buffs and archivists, wanting to open FCP7 projects, so I have had no expectation that Apple should keep it supported after more than half a decade of warning. Based on a boat-load of old code and QT7, FCP7 has been on thin ice for a while and anyone who didn't take the hint is putting their professional life in their hands and is living dangerously.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]