APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Editing "Detroit" - Essential Reading

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Editing "Detroit" - Essential Reading
on Aug 19, 2017 at 9:35:23 pm

[Oliver Peters] "William Goldenberg: "Michael [Kahn] would say to me all the time, 'If you want to go faster, slow down. If you slow down and you’re patient everything will happen faster.' You learn a thousand things and maybe ten of them will stick in your head and never go away. That was one of those… take a Zen approach and go slow… be methodical. ""

Reminds me of some threads about famous successful contemporary songwriters I've read over the past few months.

One artist describing how it took them two full years of constant revision and focus to craft the perfect chart topping music and lyrics.

And then Lady Gaga comes along noting that "Million Reasons" took her about 15 minutes - start to finish.

Creativity is a damn funny thing.

One director (nominally batting 500) with a HUGE budget struggles to get EVERY DETAIL PERFECT - and maybe bats 500 at the Box Office and in Syndication.

A different director (also batting 500) with pennies in comparison - tosses off a film merely to fulfill a contract - maybe with a decent if silly and pedestrian script - (paging George Bailey?) and the genie pops out of the bottle and the society embraces it and comes to LOVE it for a million reasons that were never expected.

This business is just SO weird that way.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]