APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 8, 2017 at 1:57:46 pm

[Tony West] "Those are likely the same jobs that would have been in LA or NY. "

I don't think that's completely true. I lived through the whole "Hollywood East" era in Florida. Other than above-the-line folks and key actors, the bulk of the production and post crew was local. But yes, folks do move around and as a result, many of those Florida folks moved up to Atlanta to follow the growth there.

However, look at the various companies creating content for HGTV, DIY, etc. These are a healthy mix of LA and non-LA companies. So show production is happening all over and not just NYC or LA.

[Tony West] "Here is an article by a person that has done a great deal more research into the topic than I have but our conclusions are pretty much the same.
Creative Industry Production Trends 2017"

A good article, however, not unbiased. He owns the service designed to place freelancers.

A key takeaway for me is that large organizations are hiring freelancers - not freelancers generating their own unique product. This would tend to reinforce a certain commonality of tools. If I'm XYZ agency bringing in 10 different editors to work in house at my shop, I'll want all of their project files to be compatible, so when the inevitable revisions are done by a different freelancer, there are no project translation issues.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]