APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony West
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 8, 2017 at 12:02:26 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Not much scripted film/TV in St. Louis,"

Or in most states in our country.

[Andrew Kimery] "Studios are even building sound stages in Atlanta"

Those are likely the same jobs that would have been in LA or NY. They are not just looking for tax incentives down there but also that healthy anti union lower wage workforce. A trend that's not new. It's the south.

Here is an article by a person that has done a great deal more research into the topic than I have but our conclusions are pretty much the same.

Creative Industry Production Trends 2017
https://www.movidiam.com/blog/630/creative-industry-production-trends-2017

"BRANDS: Large brands such as Unilever, Starbucks and BMW have already set up in-house production capabilities"

****"bypassing both the agencies and production companies by going direct to freelancers."****

"PRODUCTION COMPANIES: 2016 was a tough year for most production companies. With agencies moving production to an in-house model and many freelance producers now more than capable of building their own teams and offering similar services"

'A lot of production companies, especially in TV, have dramatically reduced their operational overheads and staff. A core team of producers are now hiring freelancers on a project-by-project basis."

"FREELANCERS: Freelancers were the big winners in 2016."

*** "Freelance workforce: We’ll all soon be freelance" ***

I didn't really need to read this guy's article to know this. It's been what I have seen for a while now. I have friends that left StL to move to New Orleans for work so I know about that personally. I don't just work in St. Louis, I'm a freelancer and I travel all over the country (not the world like this guy) working and speaking with friends in different markets.
My brother works in LA.

Not saying that we won't be working, I'm not getting less work, it's just changing in the way work is handed out.

It's an interesting article.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]