APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony West
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 7, 2017 at 5:29:44 am

To me it just seems impossible to ignore where the trend is going in our biz, and it's to one person productions.

Production houses all over are closing left and right. The cost to do production has falling through the floor and it's hard for a large production house to compete with a person working out of their home with almost no overhead.

People keep looking at job posting but that's old school. It's one person saying I can write, shoot and cut that thing all for one cheap price. In some cases it looks terrible and in some it looks really good. That's it.

I know with NETFlix and others there is more high quality production than ever, but none of those shows are being shot in my town.

Another thing I see (and I know I'm not the only one) are people who have worked in the biz for 20 years that never owned a NLE and bought X because it cost 300 bucks. They may be a full time shooters or editor or both. They had iMovie for free on their computers and when they needed it they used it. X came along and offered them more bang for the buck and for that price they couldn't justify not buying it. I think if X cost 800.00 90% of them wouldn't own it.

I can't tell you how many people I know who fit this description.

Production houses that stayed afloat went with Pr mostly, but people who never owned anything went with X

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]