APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:04:36 pm

Not all roads lead to FCX, Bill. FCX isn't the ULTIMATE NLE that is the future...and the mentality that unless people embrace risk and jump on FCX they will stagnate...that FCX is the only NLE that's forward thinking....is wrong.

Again...I will state...ONE NLE is not the solution to everything. It won't be perfect for everyone and every situation. Many areas of post have VERY different needs, needs that FCX can't solve. Others have needs that Avid never will solve and is the worst choice. There are dozens of different delivery needs and processes in the vast world of video, and one NLE cannot conquer them all. FCX is absolutely wrong for so many situations. And Avid is absolutely wrong for others. PPro, Edius...the same. Avid is progressing and addressing the needs of the people and workflows it serves. Yes, it is held back by a few carmudgeons that hate change, but it also needs to change to meet current cameras and current workflows. And it is. As is Premiere.

It works...it works well...so why jump to FCX when there is no need? It isn't "we don't want to embrace the future," it's "what tool works best for my given situation."

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]