APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 6, 2017 at 10:08:26 pm

This is a peripheral comment - not one about facilities since the ONLY guys I correspond with regularly are all in FCP X shops and therefore my empirical knowledge is totally skewed and therefore useless.

That said, one thing I DO see is another HUGE rise in what I'll call a bunker mentality.

It really seems like people are trying NOT to stick their necks out AT ALL because global business seems HUGELY unsure of which way the winds will blow in the coming few years.

Part of that IMO is the result of recent elections where a "lets go back to when it was easier" mentality showed up lots of polling places worldwide.

The unease out there is palpable. It's really hard to find organizations saying "lets put out a bunch of money for innovation right now." They're in bunker mode. Trying to make whatever they already have - do ALL the work they need to do.

It's going to take BOLD new thinking - something that's clearly and decisively a better play - to make people move off their current positions.

As a result - it wouldn't surprise me to see the adoption ratios we have right now - reflected almost precisely for the coming few years. It's going to take some larger disruption to move the needle in such a "small c" conservative environment.

And when the dams eventually break - the hardware, software, and even the "what IS an NLE anymore" thinking environment may be VERY different than what we see today. Only time will tell.

My 2 cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]