APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:43:17 pm

Broadcast TV...documentary and scripted. Still see about 85% Avid. I have seen ONE place still using FCP 7 (editor won't let go). I work extensively with another company that's FCX all the way. And then the rest has Premiere creeping in..I'd say about 10-14% of places I know about are going Premiere, with a LOT of others going back to Avid. Where FCP 7 was, Avid is coming back, or a shift is going to Premiere (mostly)...with the exception of a couple places using FCX.

But again, I'm in the lowly broadcast market that is smaller than the rest of places where you see video. MANY MANY web companies are pretty solid Premiere. Buzzfeed, etc. FCX has a small foothold, but isn't gaining ground like some might think and hope. Not without trying, for sure.

So...with the HUGE rumbles about Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and Focus being cut with FCX...anyone hear about any other majors? Premiere was touted for DEADPOOL and 6 Below...any others more recent? Not hearing a lot of PR buzz like we did before...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]