APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Informal NLE poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Informal NLE poll
on Jul 6, 2017 at 2:42:36 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "I know it's the question but I wonder how many places use only one NLE and how many use or at least have access to a range of them. So for example the answer to the question "Which NLE does the BBC use?" would be "All of them"."

More questionably-useful anecdotes: all of the FCPX shops I know have access to Premiere Pro. They have full Creative Cloud subscriptions for Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and maybe a little Audition here and there. They choose to use FCPX for editorial, despite the Premiere Pro icon sitting there happily on the Dock.

I don't see the same access on the other side of the aisle.

I'm in New York. As Tim has quipped, this market is truly the Big Apple. I haven't seen a PC in an agency edit room since the Avid Adrenaline days, but lately, PC envy has been on the rise. Every time I show up to a meeting with my Surface, I field a couple of questions about the PC platform, and a number of the Premiere Pro freelance editors I know have moved from just talking about replacing their Macs with PCs to actually doing it.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]