APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped
on Jul 6, 2017 at 1:03:47 am

[Scott Witthaus] "One thing that I did learn on the Premiere COW forum is that there are many complaints about bugs in new releases and old bugs not fixed."

That's true of absolutely every piece of software. Adobe certainly isn't an anomaly here.

[Scott Witthaus] "It's not always about price, as Apple has proved."

I was responding to your comment, which specifically called out cost. But the rest of your sentiment there is correct. I would say that much of Avid's current messaging, both with Media Composer and Pro Tools does convey this message: "Hey, here at Avid, we get you. You are a storyteller."

[Scott Witthaus] "Let's see, last time I upgraded to CC 2017, my AE license didn't work"

It's just you ☺ Overall, I've had way more reliable updates with greater ease than EVER using Avid's awful App Manager. With Avid, I generally download the full app from the download center and just install it on top, skipping the App Mgr updater entirely. I'm routinely updating Adobe CC on about 10 machines these days with zero issues.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]