APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped
on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:39:22 am

[Oliver Peters] " Premiere isn't that buggy in most users' experience, "

Depends on what you consider tenable. One thing that I did learn on the Premiere COW forum is that there are many complaints about bugs in new releases and old bugs not fixed. So, of course you will not pick off all Premiere users but perhaps the disgruntled crowd. Give the others something to think about.

[Oliver Peters] "the single app subscription price is cheaper for Premiere Pro than for Media Composer."

It's not always about price, as Apple has proved. The marketing message is (or could be) that Avid is focused on the "pro" visual storyteller, not the social media poster, cartoon guy, etc... The message might get through to the folks who use a few CC apps and are frustrated. You go back to the old Simon Sinek thing, "Sell the Why". "Hey, here at Avid, we get you. You are a storyteller. You need to work in a collaborative environment. You work on high profile sh**. We get that, so that's why we focus on you, the visual storyteller, not the cartoon guy, social media blogger, etc., All of our tools are meant to make you a better storyteller ..." You stay away from that "we cut the big films" message and get back to why a person should choose Avid (or Apple for that matter).

[Oliver Peters] "Add to that the fact that installation and updating for Premiere Pro is dirt simple compared to Avid."

Let's see, last time I upgraded to CC 2017, my AE license didn't work (wanted to start a 7 day demo), dynamic links were lost and performance suffered. A bit more work for a solid upgrade is ok by me.

What I saying, based on the original post, is that there is a real opportunity to attack the "Adobe Can't Be Stopped" message. In fact, that's just the type of arrogant message you want your competition to have (not saying that Adobe is arrogant as the "can't be stopped" theme is not theirs). It opens them up to all sorts of responses. Just a humble opinion.

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]