APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Somewhat OT: Why Adobe Can't be Stopped
on Jul 5, 2017 at 9:26:29 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "[Shawn Miller] " I care that AE doesn't natively support DEEP EXR or cryptomatte and that Premiere doesn't support compressed cDNG"

And why is that? Perhaps because they need to develop so many products? Hmmm..."

Who knows, then again, Avid doesn't have a product that supports these formats either.

[Scott Witthaus] "The point is to get people thinking and reconsider their thought process. Then connect with the user on a common theme."

Sure... but this would only be effective for Premiere Pro users who are constantly having issues. I personally haven't encountered very many bugs with Adobe products, so it doesn't resonate with me. I would be surprised if Premiere in particular was so unstable that a significant segment of the base was looking to jump to another system.

[Scott Witthaus] "Personally, I could care less about Deep EXR or cDNG, but hey, maybe that's because Adobe is stretched so thin they can't support it? Those bastards! 😉"

You have to say the same thing about Apple then. Unless Motion or FCPX now supports deep EXR and compressed cinema DNG. ☺

[Scott Witthaus] "Marketing is not about a feature set, rather a thought process and connection."

I don't think it's that simple - no matter how I feel about Apple (for example), Motion doesn't have the feature set I require for my daily work. How then, would you (as Apple) engage with someone like me... how should Avid? What thought process and connection could you get me to engage, in order to get me to switch? ☺

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]