APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is it just me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: Is it just me?
on Jun 30, 2017 at 10:41:09 pm

I agree in that I dont think it matters to Apple at all, but I think thats what it needs to get the validation from the people that balk at it now.

I work in one of the bigger trailer houses in LA and out of our 30+ editors when FCP X comes up in convo its like your speaking another language. People simply dont really know about it and dont care to know. All they heard was that in 2011 it wasnt up to snuff and thats all the majority needs to ignore it for ever. Keep in mind most editors arent online in discussion boards about editing.
I was at NBC before this gig. Same thing, no one wanted to know. What they use works fine. Why switch?

UNTIL - the place you work at suddenly adopts it, then you have no choice which is what I heard happened at a very small division at Sony who does mostly content pieces for features. The guys hated it at first and then came around eventually. Unfortuneatly that division doesnt exist any longer tho.

For me now the obvious gaps for a place like I work at are multi user workflows. I think on the surface a timeline stuck in ripple mode is scary for people, especially when things have to be to specific time. Of course this is easily overridden but on the surface its not as obvious. Other than that I think its pretty much ready for most workflows.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]