APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPx thoughts...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sean Davison
FCPx thoughts...
on Jul 7, 2011 at 4:56:33 pm

I've had a chance to have a play and there are loads of things that need sorting out with this software but here's a thought....

Is it just possible that Apple are putting FCP out there as a basic core piece of software to allow developers to write plug in's for - we're already being told EDL/XML/OMF will be handled by 3rd parties - Yes the grading interface in FCPX is amateur rubbish - but it is better than the old colour corrector and what about the Baselight plug in that's coming (Hopefully soon) - supports control surfaces too...then you have Magic Bullet Looks from red giant...all too expensive for the prosumer but in the ball park for a facility.

I'm going to sit tight with FCP 7 for a year.- I have a small corporate job I'll use FCP X for. Ill keep updating it and see what third parties come up with...I have a feeling in a years time we may be looking at an incredibly powerful online tool with background rendering - Titling to die for (Via Motion) Some amazing grading options and the whole lot will hopefully cost around the same as an FCS License.

Yes FCPX Sucks in its current state but just maybe this may be the beginning of something truly ground breaking. FCP 7 STILL WORKS FINE!!!

Oh Apple please sort out the Audio tracks - they're really useless and no plugin is going to allow discreet audio out and track assignments...

Keep Calm and Carry on chaps... things can only get better

Life on the Bleedin' Cutting Edge....

http://www.twotallmen.co.uk

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]