APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!
on May 5, 2017 at 5:47:48 pm

Unfortunately this thread got derailed, but the edit session I am doing today brought me right back to the concept. I'm cutting in Premiere and, yes, using the "pancake" method.

What folks miss is that due to Premiere's ability to tab sequences, you can, for example, have one window of the "pancake" loaded up with a bunch of tabs for various cutdowns and then your target sequence in the second timeline window of the "pancake". In this case, I've got about 50 hours of footage, which I boiled down to about 2 dozen cutdowns/stringouts. From these I'm cutting a 2 min video.

I've found it infinitely faster to use this method than X's keyword/collection/smart collection process. For one thing, I find it faster to quickly scrub through a cutdown sequence than through favorites in a collection. Plus when I go from one tab to the next, the options instantly pop up. When I go between collections in X (each with a bunch of thumbnails), it takes a long time for each to load.

Obviously, to each his own, but it just seems faster to me.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]