APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!
on May 3, 2017 at 2:03:34 am

[David Lawrence] "I think we're still talking about two totally different approaches. It's not even a matter of "old" vs "new". Sure, FCPX's database-driven approach is new, but even though string-out sequences have been around for awhile, Vashi's "pancake" method is driven by the unique flexibility of the Pr Pro panel UI."

New compared to what? FCPX does things a tad bit different but Premiere Pro is an awesome database with editing capabilities just like FCPX. Someone even posted a link to a plugin that gives Premiere Pro a timeline index. We can find content in our timeline without it so I won't be making use of it but obviously Premiere Pro can do a lot as far as metadata is concerned. You can even add metadata to the markers. That is not to say FCPX and Avid cannot do the same. All the NLE have metadata capabilities. Keep in mind keyword collections was introduced in Adobe's Bridge 8 years prior to the release of FCPX. Metadata from Bridge can be recalled in Premiere Pro. Premiere, AE Audition, Photoshop can all share metadata and have been able to do so prior to the release of FCPX. Also keep in mind metadata from Adobe's Story could be shared between several programs as well. I don't get how FCPX users can brag about how FCPX's metadata capabilities are anything new. Sure all the NLE will use metadata a tad bit different but Apple/FCPX did not invent metadata although many FCPX users think Apple did just that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]