APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!
on May 2, 2017 at 6:40:31 pm

[Bill Davis] "On deadline today but will try to do some screen caps overnight if my schedule eases up later."

Great, thanks!

[Bill Davis] "set in thumbnail (not database) view and set up in a near full screen width layout presents the same information in nearly the same visual array that stringouts and pancakes manage in a traditional NLE, at least as I understand them. (granted, I've never had to peraonally pancake anything since I switched to X before that editing style became fashionable.) "

I think we're still talking about two totally different approaches. It's not even a matter of "old" vs "new". Sure, FCPX's database-driven approach is new, but even though string-out sequences have been around for awhile, Vashi's "pancake" method is driven by the unique flexibility of the Pr Pro panel UI.

[Bill Davis] "Might be fun to have someone post a "traditional pancake" arrangement in a non-magnetic timeline - and then I can try to do the functional equivalent in X. Than we we can all compare the differences? Just a suggestion."

I like it!

linkedIn: http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
vimeo: vimeo.com/album/2271696
web: propaganda.com
facebook: /dlawrence
twitter: @dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]