APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!
on May 2, 2017 at 6:39:23 pm

[Bill Davis] "Pancakers must lay out those ingredients because they've never had a systematic facility to call up a pre-measured amount of the substance/spice you want, when they want it - instantly. If there was, pre-lining up a bunch of ingredients in "semi-bulk" form on the counter would be silly. Particularly if the "call up" system can expand or reduce the actual measure used by the cook precisely enough to satisfy their desire to adjust on the fly."

Pancake editing can be done really fast and you already have a visual workflow of how the project will be from start to finish. We can use a metadata with Premiere Pro but why wast the time if you can just apply markers super quick? Having said that it might be helpful to see a quick video of your workflow. I don't edit feature films but when Vashi Nedomansky was mention using markers with ranges I think my editing style is probably about 80-90% the same as Vashi Nedomansky.

[Bill Davis] "I can arrange dozens of virtual "pancakes" via keyword collections and instantly switch between them - focusing on each as I choose. I can also aggregate more than one into a new assembly. That gives me ALL the visual cuing pancakers get - but in a system that lets me adjust my visual focus as I choose, fluidly and efficiently."

Perhaps a video tutorial of your pancake editing method might be helpful. We may all be getting lost in equivocation.

[Bill Davis] "Once again you're going to be hard pressed to convince me that the system based on the older style has more than a shadow of the utility of the newer system."

Older or newer? Adobe Premiere Pro has allowed you to add metadata and create subclips for over ten years. Keywords with ranges act like subclips. Adobe Premiere Pro has metadata fields. You can add as many metadata fields as you want and search for content in specific metadata fields but why add metadata if you can avoid it?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]